Tom Stowe Scholarship
Tom Stowe was a lifelong member of Kiwanis and an advocate for higher education and/or continued education beyond high school as a foundation for life. He was a WWII veteran who highly valued God, country, family and personal responsibility and character.
- For 2017, this award will be directed to an AHS graduating senior who will attend community college or a vocational school in the fall of 2017 (no gap), or to an AHS alum who is currently attending an accredited program and who is on track for graduation (in other words, not someone who takes random additional classes)
- Awarded to a student attend a school in Washington State
- Prefer the recipient is someone heading towards a vocational/training program who has clear goals and achievable objectives
- Financial need should be a consideration
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Has demonstrated good character and has accumulated a minimum of 50 hours of community service over 4 years